translate in your language

Monday, August 25, 2014

MORE ABOUT SENTENCES

                               (*) Imperative Sentences (*)



387. Study these examples of how requests may be made :-

        *) Please Let me go                        *) Pray excuse me.
        *) Please allow me to pass.            *) Please let me ride your bicycle.
        *) Lend me your pen, please          *) Please don't disturb the patient.



    
*) Study the following table :-


               




388. Request often take the form of polite questions :-

         *) Will you please post this letter for me ?
         *) Will you lend me your camera for a day ?
         *) May I come in, please ?

         *) Can I speak to you for a few minutes ?

         *) Could you tell me the way to the station ?
         *) Might I have another cup of coffee ?
         *) Would you mind waiting a few minutes ?



1)

    

2)


3)




                          


                           (*) Exclamatory Sentences (*)

389. Study carefully the following Exclamatory Sentences, 
        and see how they are formed ;-

       
       *) What a pity she is late !     
       *) What a pleasing sight met their eyes !
       *) How beautiful she looks in her wedding dress !
       *) How hot it is getting !
       *) How dreadful the accident was !
       *) O that I could see him again !    



390. An exclamatory Sentence can be turned into an Assertive
        sentence ; as

       *) How happy Arsalan was !     => Arsalan was very happy.

     *) More examples :
  
              
                          
       
                         

4 comments: